English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Istanbul Fashion Week: Day 2



Bora Aksu S/S 2011

On the second day I only attended two shows, the first one being Atil Kutoglu and the second Bora Aksu.

London-based Turkish designer Bora Aksu has been part of the official schedule of London Fashion Feek since 2004 but this was his first catwalk show in Istanbul. The inspiration for his collection comes from Istanbul and its light, as the designer explains himself: "For me one of the best parts of Istanbul is the light that changes every single hour..." Consecuently the fabrics and colors chosen were also inspired by it: pastel colors that are divided by strong color blocks that create a strong contrast on light-reflecting materials like silk tulle, organza or brocade.

As much as I enjoyed the two shows I've been to today, I have a feeling that what I experience outside the shows is so much more fun than waiting in lines to get into the venue, for instance. Today I met Pelayo amongst others and had a really good time!





A little note for my sister :)



I love buying rings in Istanbul, this one is my newest.

For more immediate updates you can always follow me on Twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment