English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer in the city

Like many other women every summer I'm on the look-out for new beauty products to make me feel polished all day long. Instead of doing a "What's in my beauty bag?" post I just listed them below. I've been using most of them for a long time and I'm really satisfied with them. So, here are my summer essentials:




1) Estée Lauder Double Wear: Let me start by saying that I have a rather oily, blemish-prone skin, so when it gets warmer this foundation has pretty much of a holy grail status for me. It gives great coverage and lasts really long. I used the Double Wear Light version of it during last summer but I came to the conclusion that this one was much better for humid weather.

2) Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup: This is the second foundation I use, mostly when I have breakouts. Its staying power can pretty much hold up with Double Wear and after applying it I don't even need additional concealer for spots.

3) Chanel Poudre Universelle Compacte: I like a matt finish so I carry this translucent powder with me at all times. Upon applying foundation I set my foundation with loose powder from Yves Rocher at home, so this compact always stays in my bag for touch-ups on the go and lasts me a long time.

4) L'Oréal Touche Magique Concealer: I always buy different under-eye concealers but I keep coming back to this brush pen to brighten up and illuminate my tired eyes. The coverage is not very high and since I use the lightest shade it also doubles as a highlighter.


5) MAC Sonic Chic Mineralized Blush in Dainty: This blush came in a goodie bag and I've been using it almost every day for nearly a year now! If I can see the bottom of the pan it means that I really loved the product and this is no exception. ^^ Dainty is a warm pink color with subtle shimmer and flatters my skintone equally in summer and in winter. It's highly pigmented, long-lasting and gives my cheeks a pretty glow.

6) Chanel Nouvelle Vague nail polish: This nail polish is on my shopping list but unfortunately it's still not available in Switzerland. Chanel nail polishes almost have no staying power on my nails but I know that I won't be able to resist this shade which will be perfect for summer.

7) Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté in Peach Passion: Apparently this lipstick is on my wish list since October 2008!! I don't really know why I never bought it but I definitely have to have this peach colored lipstick this summer!

8) Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzer: I was lucky to get this bronzer in a goodie bag as well and recommended it to many girlfriends in the last two years I've been using it. I mostly use it for contouring my cheekbones or when I want a sunkissed look I lightly apply it all over my face. This bronzer looks and smells heavenly like a chocolate bar and I'm definitely sticking with it since this one doesn't look orangey or muddy on me.

Do we share any favorites? Which products are your summer essentials?

0 comments:

Post a Comment